MS SQL / MySQL DBA (Database Administrator)
A Database Administrator (DBA) is required to join an innovative, exciting, award winning Telco organisation based in Dublin. This is an opportunity to work closely with IT Project Managers, Solution and Infrastructure Architects, Software Delivery teams and IT Operations throughout the design and delivery lifecycle.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This role requires a service oriented mentality, high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned, focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment with the SLAs, establishing and maintaining communication with technology customers to keep them updated with status of their requests, initiating and performing changes on production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
The DBA will be experienced from a day-to-day support perspective and will be able to identify ways to improve the way we work today and develop the experience we provide our customers. You'll be proactive and passionate in driving standards. You will be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) that people and teams engage to discuss support and improvements to databases and models.
REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE:
To be successful in this role you will need the following experience:
- Extensive experience in taking ownership of databases in both Production and Non-Production environments
- SQL Development – ability to write and troubleshoot SQL Code and design (stored procs, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints)
- Expertise in optimizing the performance of large critical databases
- Acting as Level 3 support for Database related issues and will take the lead in analyzing and getting to the root cause of database Issues
- The ability to communicate well is critical across all levels of the organization and this will also include Senior Stakeholders
- Databases: MSSQL 2016 and legacy versions from 2016, MySQL and other open source options
- Reporting and Analysis: SISS, SASS,
- Enterprise monitoring tools e.g. Cacti, Nagios and Zenoss
- Public cloud platforms: Rackspace, Amazon or others such as Azure
- Application infrastructure: Microsoft Server, Microsoft SQL Server
- Scripting: PowerShell, SQL, C
- Operations: Understanding of ITIL and DevOps principles
- Understanding of multi-architecture Databases and Systems.
- Experience of large volume transactional Databases.
- Knowledge of Disaster recovery, Replication, Redundant systems.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience.
Please apply here.